Monday, January 5, 2009

No time to bloggggg....

Happy 2009.... I slept into the new year. I seem to be adjusting to my new wake up time of 5am. I love my new job. I am also getting excited for baby goats 1 month to go for our first kids.
Some struggles on the home farm.. A goat aborted this weekend and we froze it and she is on her way to Cornell as I type. I hope they find out what the problem is and there is a fix to it. We love all our goats so much and the unborn ones. I search my mind trying to think what is going on.. What could this be after 10 years in goats what happen. Is it from a raccoon, a goat I brought in? My Vet Dr Ken is wonderful caring and at least I feel I am not alone. Oh, and I hope I do not go broke finding a answer..

Let hope no more abort and my Daughter in law goat carries her kid to term with a healthy udder and baby..

My daughter Jessica is on winter break from Alfred State. One more semester and she will be a vet tech, Yippee for her, she has done well. I sure have enjoyed having her home.

Well more later the girls have the dentist in a soon-

2 comments:

Rebz said...

Hey good to see a post from you...Let me do a little searching about what might have caused your goat to abort- I have one question, was it her first freshening?
Happy belated birthday.
XOXO
Joce

Teacupliz said...

Joce-
First freshener. I will not go back to reread my post.Lazy-
last year we have 4 do this we did two things. Gave antibiotics, I know I hate them but I was freaked out at that point and gave selenium. And poof they stopped. I really was thinking it was over. Then this.
I hope they find answers. I have read all I can find. I am guessing being one month exactly before due date either Lepto which would be a easy fix or Chlymidia which the fix would be like try this and hope it works. But beside retained placentas and aborted does we have none of the other signs. Oh yes, one vagina discharge on a few. which vet felt was a infection caused by low selenium. I have about 20 due, and pray for live kids. THanks for your thought prayers and help-